- We stand for a culture of inclusivity: EVERY body – every body type, every gender identity, every skin color, every sexual orientation, all beliefs and backgrounds – is welcome at our facility.
- We take care of our staff well so that they can take care of our guests at a high level.
- We offer "high end" services and products without being even a little pretentious.
- Our sanitation and cleanliness are second to none.
- Our staff is accessible, friendly, and approachable.
- We believe a large part of a therapist's job is client education.
- Our leadership is organized and responsive.
- We believe in hiring dedicated staff with a drive for continuing education and knowledge.
- We are committed to client education on ingredients and at-home care.
- We are committed to finding quality products with ingredients we can pronounce and seek ingredient transparency from the companies whose products we offer.
- Komorebi + Co. is chemical-free and does not use controversial ingredients in its facility.
Meet the Team
Lead Massage Therapist
Charles helps lead our massage therapy team with his strong knowledge base and calm, caring demeanor. Charles has over eight years of experience as a licensed massage therapist, working first at the luxurious Kohler Waters Spa and for several years locally at Appleton's Sunflower Spa. Charles has developed a loyal client following for his high-level skill in working with the head and neck and his ability to listen and hand-tailor his massage to any client's specifications.
Founder, Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Esthetician
Komorebi + Co. was born from a desire to bring excellence in natural skin care and massage therapy services to the Fox Cities, in a location where every person feels welcome. As a professed ingredient enthusiast with a deep-rooted commitment to animals and the environment, I feel well-qualified to bring you the absolute best that this industry has to offer. I am proud to serve the community through this entrepreneurship, all the while being surrounded by some of the Valley's best therapists.
Carrie Vander Heyden
Licensed Massage Therapist
Carrie Vander Heyden has been a WI state licensed massage therapist for over a decade, offering Swedish, deep tissue, prenatal, and hot stone massage. She doesn't know how anyone lives without regular massage, as for her, it eases muscle tension and calms emotional stress. In her free time, she enjoys being a wife and mother to two boys, cooking traditional foods, reading about natural health, crafting, thrifting, rollerblading, and dreaming of past and future travel adventures.
Komorebi Brand Ambassador
Licensed Massage Therapist
A full time mom with a love of healing others, Amber dedicates her spare time to massage therapy services. Starting out her career at the Kohler Waters Spa and Sunflower Spa, Amber brings her accumulated 8 years' experience and passion for caring for others to Komorebi. Amber’s massage style blends deep tissue work with the intuitive touch of craniosacral in order to bring therapeutic and relaxation techniques together for a unique, personalized experience.
Emily brings a wide array of customer service experience and passion with her to Komorebi, and she's excited about being the new administrative assistant! Emily is a big fan of reading, enjoying podcasts, and getting out to hike when the Wisconsin weather permits. She's already caught the travel itch, and she plans to visit areas all over the world. She's passionate about self-care, holistic wellness, and protecting the environment and she's excited to join a team where they all work so closely together. Next time you call or stop by, please introduce yourself. She'd love to meet you!
by appointment only