Frequently Asked Questions
Komorebi + Co. was founded in order to provide services and products with the feeling of Komorebi (kO-mO-’re-bE) — the Japanese term for sunlight shining down, filtering through the trees — encapsulated into our philosophy. In addition to our top priorities of sanitation and cleanliness that are second to none, a culture of inclusivity is extremely important to us. Everybody and every body is welcome at our facility.
All body types, all gender identities, all skin colors, all sexual orientations, all beliefs and all backgrounds are invited to use Komorebi + Co. services and products. We believe everyone deserves access to serenity and health.
All of our products are 100% vegetarian, free from chemicals and gluten, and nothing is tested on animals. We can also tailor nearly every service to a vegan lifestyle. We carefully select product lines of the highest quality.
Distinctive services and products are available for most budgets at a price point consistent with that which can be expected in the Fox Cities.
We maintain a commitment to natural ingredients that our clients can pronounce. We believe in achieving results without added “garbage” ingredients.
2. TOPICAL EXFOLIANTS – Stop use of Retin A, Retinol, Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Enzymes, Fruit Acids, Acids, Peels, 7 days prior to service, after acclimation period some sugaring or waxing can be done without a break, ask doctor for approval. Faces are particularly susceptible to scabbing or lifting if topical exfoliants have been used right before hair removal.
3. HAIR GROWTH – The hair must be at least 1/8th of an inch long or have 1-3 weeks outgrowth for sugaring to be removed successfully. For sugar waxing or waxing, you will need at least 1/4 of an inch long hair of have 3-6 weeks of outgrowth.
4. PATCH TEST – Our products are gentle, however, we recommend you do a 24-hour patch test on a small area to see how your skin reacts if you are worried.
5. EXFOLIATE – Before and during the regrowth period, scrub with an oil-free scrub, a dry brush, a cactus cloth, or a natural sea sponge, 2-4 times a week. This will help prevent ingrown hairs and slough off any dead layers of skin.
6. FRESHLY SHOWERED – Come to your appointment right after your shower, clean of ALL oils, creams and lotions.
7. NO SUN BATHING – No sunbathing, tanning booths or spray tanning for 72 hours prior to appointment. We recommend spray tanning 48-72 hours after sugaring or waxing.
8. LOOSE CLOTHES – Bring a clean set of loose clothes to wear after your service. Tight or sweaty clothes can cause ingrowns and breakouts.
9. GETTING A BRAZILIAN OR HAVE THICK HAIR? You should trim all dense areas down to 1/4 of an inch but do not trim it too short.
The American Massage Therapy Association has authored an excellent article on this here.
Be sure to allow enough time to fill out a comprehensive intake prior to your treatment. Plan to arrive a little early so you will not feel rushed and can enjoy the entire length of your treatment
There is no need to remove your makeup prior to the appointment, as it will be cleansed off during the facial.
A facial generally includes the following steps:
▪Makeup removal and cleansing of the skin.
▪Exfoliation by mechanical, enzymatic or chemical means.
▪Massage of the face and neck, to aid in relaxation and stimulate blood and oxygen flow to the skin.
▪Extraction of blackheads and other impurities. This can also include the use of a lancet (a small, sharp, disposable needle to lift or make an opening in dead cells of the skin prior to extraction).
▪Application of products targeted to your skin type (dry, oily, mixed, sensitive, or mature).
▪Your esthetician will go over which professional home care products for you to continue the improvement in your skin following your professional treatment. This way, you will be using products that maximize benefits and prolong the effects of your treatment. Your therapist can explain how, when and how much of the products to use. Feel free to call the spa later if you have any questions.
Monday: 11:30 AM - 4:30 PM, by appointment Tuesday: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, by appointment
Wednesday: 2:00 PM - 8:00 PM, by appointment
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM, by appointment
Friday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM, by appointment
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, by appointment